Lodge St. Andrew 524
East Kilbride, Glasgow, Scotland
Lodge St Andrew 524, 2021
Lodge Chartered 5th August 1872
Lodge Rededication Ceremony – 10th April 2010
On Saturday, 10th May 2010, the Lodge celebrated 100 years of Freemasonry within the hall at 38 Kittoch Street. The ceremony was conducted by the RWPGM of Renfrewshire East Bro. David A. Reid accompanied by the DPM and SPGM’s and other Provincial Office-bearers. The ceremony included a short history of the Lodge and the background to the acquisition of the hall by RWDPGM Br. John Millar.
The RWPGM then gave a short lecture on the Lewis as depicted on the EA tracing Board and the Foundation Stone was raised and proved before figuratively being placed in the North East corner.
The elements were then consecrated and perambulated and saluted with Grand Honours. The brethren paid their respects to those Brethren whose foresight had established the Lodge in the hall.
The RWPGM then presented the working tools and gave a short address to the Brethren on the West wall. At the close of the ceremony Bro. R. Cook RWM conferred Honorary Membership of the Lodge on Bro. Frank Johnston PPGM, John Millar DPGM, and Neil Fraser SPGM. A total of 107 Brethren attended the ceremony and many stayed for a most enjoyable meal and harmony.